Have you been searching for the opportunity to introduce your Paleo diet with the barbecue? Look no further because it doesn’t have to be Summer to fire up the old grill to add a little backyard flavor to your kitchen! Invite your friends over and wow your guests with this homemade gem. For your non-Paleo pals, burger buns may be able to turn this into a “real burger” but this spicy avocado patty will steal the show with or without a bun!
- 2 lbs grass-fed lean ground beef
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tbsp herbes de Provence
- 1-1/2 ripe avocado sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup paleo mayo
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch Himalayan salt
- splash Frank’s red hot
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Leftover avocado slices from burgers
- To begin with, preheat the outdoor grill or barbecue on medium-high heat.
- Secondly, add all your “burger” ingredients, minus avocado, into a mixing bowl and knead by hand. Form mixture into 12 thin, equal patties after that.
- Slice avocados in half crosswise and then remove the pits, cutting each half into three equal slices. Be sure to keep the two larger slices to for burger stuffing and put aside the smaller ends for spicy mayo.
- After that, add Paleo mayo and seasonings listed under “Spicy Mayo” with smaller avocado pieces and mash with a fork.
- Place one avocado slice on each of the six patties while dropping a spoon of mayo in the center of each. After that, cover each one with another patty and carefully pinch edges with your fingers to seal.
- Brush the patties with avocado oil sprinkle salt and pepper after that. Grill on medium-high heat for about 4-6 minutes per side, depending on the desired level of doneness which you would like.
- Lastly, add a side of caramelized onions and sautéed mushrooms and voila. Finally, dinner is served.
Makes: 6 patties
Featured Image Source: skinnytaste.com
Sourced from: thehealthyfoodie.com