Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Here`s a fun and spicy take on your typical lettuce wrap. If you’re looking for a quick and easy flavour-explosion of a dinner (done in 20 minutes) this week, be sure to try this recipe!
- 1lb raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed and dried thoroughly
- 1 egg, scrambled, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp chipotle adobo sauce (You can use less or altogether skip the chipotle adobo sauce if you want a milder flavour.)
- In a pan over medium heat, pan fry bacon pieces until crispy. Set aside.
- Add chopped shrimp, chipotle adobo sauce in the same pan and cook until shrimp turns pink. About 3-5 mins.
- Add bell pepper and fresh pineapple. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the bacon, chopped egg and green onions.
- Stir and serve in butter lettuce cups.
Featured Image Source: pinimg.com