Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 cup quinoa
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup good oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions, white and green parts
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded and medium-diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved through the stem
- 2 cups medium-diced feta
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add the quinoa and 1 teaspoon of salt. Lower the heat and simmer with a cover for 15 minutes. (Cooked quinoa should look like this.)
- Drain, place in a bowl. Immediately add the lemon juice, oil and 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the scallions, mint, parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, 1 to 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Add the quinoa. Mix everything together well.
- Carefully fold in the feta.
- Taste and adjust for seasonings.
This dish is very versatile as it can be served either at room temperature or cold. Having the dish sit at room temperature for a few hours can actually help the flavours and vinaigrette soak into the quinoa and make it even more delicious!
Sourced from: Depositphotos/Anna_Shepulova
Featured Image Source: pinimg.com